Krystol Internal Membrane (KIM) is a hydrophilic crystalline waterproofing admixture in dry powder form. KIM is used in place of externally applied surface membranes to protect concrete structures against moisture transmission, chemical attack and corrosion of reinforcing steel.
- Lowers the cost of waterproofing by as much as 40%
- Helps to shave weeks off of construction schedules
- Reduces the cost of maintenance and repairs
- Increases reliability and quality control
- Increases revenues with a larger building footprint
- Safe for contact with potable water and Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects
- Winner of the Most Innovative Product Award at World of Concrete in 2003
Waterproofing Precast Concrete
Add Krystol Internal Membrane™ (KIM®) to the water and building precast concrete units and you will benefit from products that arrive at the jobsite pre-waterproofed.
Kryton’s Krystol Internal Membrane™ (KIM®) is the only admixture that demonstrates the performance of a hydrophilic crystalline, PRAH. KIM provides the highest level of water resistance, self-sealing and field-proven longevity, which proves its effectiveness as a PRAH.
Why is KIM the only true PRAH?
- KIM has the highest level of water resistance when testing using DIN 1048-5 (permeability test).
- KIM is the only admixture to independently demonstrate self-sealing properties.
- KIM has the longest history of being used in the most demanding waterproofing projects.
Waterproofing Structural Shotcrete
Using Krystol Internal Membrane™ (KIM®) to waterproof structural shotcrete instead ofmembrane will reduce risk, help build faster, reduce cracking, reliably waterproof around pipes and penetrations,etc..